Book Breakdown of 2012
December 16, 2012
December 16, 2012
It’s that time again. To recap my meds. I mean, reads. Recap my reads.
This year, I’ve read 22 books. Last year it was 17. I am okay with this number. Not meh-okay or even a herp-derp-okay, but a head-nodding-musing-a-okay. My book journal, Jeeves, is okay with this as well.
Also, my goal for the first three months of 2012 was to only read books by female authors, which I verily did.
The high ambition for 2013 is to beat 2012’s record. Maybe 30 next year. Not sure how I’ll do it. Maybe cut back on the lengthy Stephen King books since they definitely cannibalize the amount of books I can read or just commit myself to a mental asylum to get some really good quality time with these books of mine.
Meanwhile…here is my list of reads…in order of having been read:
1. From the Umberplatzen by Susan Tepper
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3. Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
4. Hang On by Nell Gavin
5. One Time All I Wanted by Nicolle Elizabeth
6. The Bell Jar (re-read) by Sylvia Plath
7. Kinky by Denise Duhamel
8. Contents May Have Shifted by Pam Houston
9. Wild Life by Kathy Fish
10. A Simple Plan by Scott Smith
11. Disparate Pathos by Meg Tuite
12. John Dies at the End by David Wong
13. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
14. Scar Tissue by Marcus Sakey
15. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
16. The Sweet Life – Book One (created) by Francine Pascal
17. The Sweet Life – Book Two (created) by Francine Pascal
18. The Sweet Life – Book Three (created) by Francine Pascal
19. 11/22/63 by Stephen King
20. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
21. This Book is Full of Spiders by David Wong
22. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
So the verdict?
My favorite out of this whole list was John Dies at the End. I am fucking telling you people: READ THIS BOOK. It’s like nothing I’ve ever read. It’s hilarious, and action packed, and witty and amazing. John is one of my favorite characters ever encountered. I’ve never laughed so long and hard in my life. And that includes the time I saw your dad’s penis.
How’d you do this year? Faves? Recommendations? Vague disregard for anything I’ve read here?
Jeeves, my book journal, is shaping up nicely.
This whole self is 2013 reading.