Jules Just Likes: Volume II

Things I am liking this month include…

fun.

The new fun. CD – Some Nights.

Their sophomore album is ah-mazing. The lead singer Nate Ruess is from the now-defunct band The Format. This new album has a great beat to it. A little bit of waltzy, beatboxing, choir-y goodness. As you can tell I am not a music critic, however, the main reason I love this band is because of their lyrics. As a writer, I find them very inspiring and the emotion that comes through is great late-night writing motivation.

I mean, how can you beat this?

And that’s alright; I found a martyr in my bed tonight/She stops my bones from wondering just who I am, who I am, who I am

Plus, his voice. Oh his voice.

You can stream the album here before you buy. You’re welcome.

Connotation Press

Sandy Ebner’s piece at Connotation Press. Meg Tuite turned me onto this and wow.

Just wow.

It takes a brave one to write it. And a brave one to read it.

Creepy Horse Mask

Can you believe that this plastic horse face is a mere $25? I expected $50, maybe even $200 to be paid for an item such as this. At a bargain steal of $25, you can bet your sweet horse mane that I snapped one up ASAP.

Why you ask?

To take photos like this.

I only play Crosby, Stills and Nash, so shut the fuck up.

My goal in life is to borrow someone’s Mustang and drive it while wearing this mask. Because HOWAWESOMEWOULDTHATBE?

February 23, 2012 at 11:08 pm

:-) How awesome would that be…well…it would be too awesome for words…only film could do it justice…can you play suite Judy Blue Eyes on that thing?

February 23, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Working backwards here. I’m glad I got my flippant remarks out of the way, because I just read Sandy Ebner’s story. I had a feeling of menace and dread early on, which turned to a pit in my stomach that won’t be going away any time soon. “A brave one to write it and a brave one to read it” – indeed. Yet gripping, compelling, provocative and soul searching nonetheless.

February 25, 2012 at 3:40 am

Yeah, that story is a punch to the gut, isn’t it. But I’m glad you checked it out. Thanks for reading, Michael. And no, sadly I am not that skilled on the Uke. Yet. Yet.

February 24, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I will have to check out that band, Jules. Never heard of them.

And I would pay one good money to see you in a mustang wearing that mask. Please, please, please make that happen and take another photo for all the internets to ooh and ahh and wonder.

February 25, 2012 at 3:39 am

Yes, please check out fun., HM. I totally dig them.

Rest assured I will. I have two friends with Mustangs, so that dream shall come true.

March 3, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Found this link to the Whitney Biennial in the New York Times – Great shot of one of your equestrian brethren in a horse head. (Unless that is actually you in the photo?) If this doesn’t imbed as a live link – copy and paste into your browser.