Batten Down the Escape Latch, bitches.
I discovered this little ditty on/underneath? the lid of my trunk as I was unloading groceries. I immediately was stunned and then proceeded to snap a photo and plot my escape route should I ever find myself in my own trunk.
I felt this photo deserved its own quick blog post.
Things that are amazing about this:
1. This release latch may be in other cars, but I have not seen it…so I am assuming my car is badass enough to warrant kidnapping someone. Future profession noted.
2. Then again, who would ever know about the escape latch other than me, so is it expected that my car will be hijacked and I’ll be the one in the trunk? This is disconcerting at best.
3. Again, the expected kidnapping situation going on here.
4. The mere fact that it shows the person leaping—nay fleeing—from the trunk of the car.
5. The whole kidnapping factor.
That is all. Check your trunks for escape latches and practice your stick-man run.