No, as the title suggests, I did not have some type of mental/nervous/experimental breakdown over books. In June 2011, I did a 6-month book recap, bemoaning the fact that Stephen King reads 80 books a year (80!) and I apparently can’t keep up like the Slacker McSlackerson that I am.
Since 2012 is approaching very soon I figured I’d post my final tally — ahem, breakdown – for 2011. Prepare the drum roll…
17 books. Maybe 16.5 if you want to get all technical about it, ya frickin heathens.
Not bad. I am pleased with this figure. I’d render the verdict that my favorite from this list has been Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by HST. Nothing can quite compare to the goldmine of quotes in this gem of a novel (as I dissected in a prior post). That’s followed by The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test (I sense a pattern developing here, don’t you?), then Cunt (changed my life), rounding out my top three.
The three main things I have gleaned from this list are that: I have an affinity for Stephen King, an obsession with Rob Lowe and I say the word cunt a lot.
And so we go—
The List – In Order of Having Been Read:
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson
- Doomed Queens by Kris Waldherr
- The Lady in the Tower – The Fall of Anne Boleyn by Alison Weir
- Damn Sure Right by Meg Pokrass
- Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal et al
- Light in August by William Faulker – I quit this book on page 50 so it doesn’t really count. As painful as it was to quit I couldn’t do it.
- The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
- What May Have Been by Gary Percesepe and Susan Tepper
- Stories I Only Tell My Friends by ROB LOWE
- The Electric Acid Kool-Aid Test by Tom Wolfe
- Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
- The Dome by Stephen King
- Howl and Other Poems by Allen Ginsberg
- Full Dark No Stars by Stephen King
- Cunt by Inga Muscio
- Ayiti by Roxane Gay
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
How did everyone else do? What was your number? Your list, your faves? Your rejections?
Am I the only nerd who keeps a book journal and names it Jeeves?
Only time will tell.